Yogurt Berry Parfaits
by Stella Zedman
Average User Rating:
Here’s a job easy enough for your littlest Mother’s Day helper to do all by herself. These Yogurt Berry Parfaits look as great as they taste – a deliciously guilt-free way to start the day.
- 2 cups (500 mL) vanilla yogurt (or any other flavor you like)
- 2 cups (500 mL) berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and/or blackberries)
- 2 cups (500 mL) granola cereal
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) powdered sugar
- 4 additional berries for decoration
- If you have proper parfait glasses, use them. (Tall parfait glasses will show off the layers.) If not, you can use any other pretty glass dessert dishes you might have. You’ll need four.
- Into each parfait or dessert dish, spoon about 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of yogurt.
- On top of the yogurt layer, add 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of berries and then 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the granola. Repeat the layers: yogurt, berries and granola.
- Dust the top lightly with sugar and place a single whole berry in the middle.
How kids can help:
Spoon all the layers into the parfait glasses and dust with icing sugar.
Add the finishing touch berry to each serving.
Try it With: