Vanilla-Yogurt Fruit Dip
Original Kaboose.com recipe by Stella Zedman
Photography by Lucy Schaeffer
Average User Rating:
You'll be sweet on this vanilla and brown sugar-scented yogurt dip, and it's sure to help your family get their daily servings of fresh fruit. Berries, bananas, nectarines, melon, and mixed fruit go wonderfully with this delightful dip.
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- Fruit slices, sections, chunks or whole berries
- Place a paper coffee filter in a small strainer or filter holder set over a cup or bowl. Spoon the yogurt into the filter and let drain, refrigerated, for one hour (or more). This will drain out some of the liquid for a richer and more creamy dip. The longer you drain, the thicker the yogurt becomes. (You can omit this step if you're in a hurry -- the dip won't be quite so thick but will still taste delicious.)
- Dump drained yogurt into a small bowl. Add the brown sugar and vanilla, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve with desired fruit.
How kids can help
Stir the sugar and vanilla into the yogurt.
Prepare and arrange the fruit for dipping
Try it With:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Stuffed French Toast
Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Parfait