Vanilla Cookie Pops
Original kaboose.com recipe, developed by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
Cookie pops are a classic favorite with little ones. For these sweet snacks, nutty butter is sandwiched between vanilla wafers and dipped in white chocolate and candy sprinkles for a tasty, totable treat on a stick.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 20 vanilla wafer cookies
- Popsicle sticks
- 1 (6 ounce) bag chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Colored candy sprinkles
- Waxed paper or paper plates
- Spread peanut butter onto the flat side of the vanilla wafer cookies.
- Place a popsicle stick into the peanut butter on half the cookies. Top with another cookie so the stick is sandwiched between the two cookies.
- Melt chips in the microwave, one minute, then in 20 second increments, stirring until smooth.
- Dip cookie pops in the melted chocolate, covering completely. Roll pops in sprinkles and lay or stand on waxed paper or paper plates.
- Place in refrigerator to chill.
Parental supervision is recommended.
- As in all recipes, results can vary depending on humidity, conditions, etc. Please try any recipe out before attempting in a group setting.
If using white chocolate chips, you can tint the melted chocolate with food coloring, or leave the chocolate white and use chocolate sprinkles. Decorate with any other candies you wish, or leave some plain as we did here. Another variation is to use vanilla or chocolate frosting instead of peanut butter for the filling.
- These can also be made without sticks. use one stick to be able to dip the cookies in chocolate and roll in sprinkles, then remove the stick and put on wax paper or paper plates, then chill.