Originally submitted by Earla Taylor and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
A terrific way to use up turkey leftovers, this pasta bake is a marvel of melted cheese, creamy sauce and angel hair pasta that will delight your family at the dinner table.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages angel hair pasta
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers (optional)
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound cooked turkey, sliced
- Cook the pasta as directed on package. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, cook and stir onion in butter or margarine over medium heat until tender. Blend in flour and seasonings. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk; stir until mixture thickens. Add 2/3 cup cheese and pimento, stirring until cheese melts. Add undrained mushrooms to cheese sauce.
- Place layer of pasta in 12x8-inch baking dish. Cover with layer of turkey, and then a layer of cheese sauce. Repeat the layers. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup cheese over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for about 25 minutes.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 603cal
- total fat: 26.4g
- cholesterol: 113mg
- sodium: 944mg
- carbohydrates: 52.1g
- fiber: 3.7g
- protein: 39g
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Ready In: 50 min.
Try it With:
Spinach with Chickpeas and Fresh Dill