Originally submitted by Midge and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Chase away the winter chills with this hearty homemade soup, gloriously flavored with stewed tomatoes, spinach and cheese tortellini. Crumble Parmesan cheese on top and serve with hot crusty French bread for dipping.
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared cheese tortellini, thawed
- 10 ounces spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 5-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Combine tortellini and spinach and bring to a boil; reduce heat slightly and boil for 7 minutes. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, tomatoes, garlic, and the cooked pasta and spinach.Simmer for 20 minutes.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with cheese..
Servings per Recipe: 4
- calories: 446cal
- total fat: 11.5g
- cholesterol: 51mg
- sodium: 1349mg
- carbohydrates: 67g
- fiber: 7.7g
- protein: 20.6g