Tomato and Artichoke Chicken
Originally submitted by Maggie and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Hearty herbed chicken teams up with a summery selection of sweet peppers, artichokes, ripe tomatoes and fresh basil and blanketed in marinara and mozzarella for a delicious dinner the whole family will love.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 6 artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4- inch thickness
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, artichoke hearts and red peppers. Cook until just hot, then remove from heat. transfer to a large bowl and toss together with mozzarella cubes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lay out the pounded breasts and spoon filling onto the center, leaving an inch on each side. Adjust filling as you roll so as not to over stuff. Place them seam side down into a 2 quart baking dish. cover with marinara sauce. Place lid onto dish or cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is cooked through. You'll love it!
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 519cal
- total fat: 20g
- cholesterol: 158mg
- sodium: 764mg
- carbohydrates: 16g
- fiber: 3.6g
- protein: 66.4g
Cooking Time: 45 min.
Ready In: 65 min.
Try it With:
Clam and Corn Chowder