Teriyaki Steak and Chicken Kabobs
Originally submitted by Sue and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
This Japanese-style honey and teriyaki marinade makes grilled steak and chicken kabobs that are sweet and succulent. Skewered peppers, mushrooms and sweet onion get treated to this tasty baste, too.
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 pinch ground ginger
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 cups whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the teriyaki sauce, honey, garlic powder, and ginger. Place red bell peppers, onion wedges, mushrooms, beef, and chicken in the bag with the marinade. Seal, and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Discard marinade, and thread the meat and vegetables onto skewers, leaving a small space between each item.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 minutes, turning as needed, or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Servings per Recipe: 10
- calories: 302cal
- total fat: 13.3g
- cholesterol: 74mg
- sodium: 622mg
- carbohydrates: 21.3g
- fiber: 1.3g
- protein: 24.8g
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Ready In: 4 hours 40 min.