Tandoori Curry Chicken
Original kaboose.com recipe, developed by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
Tandoori chicken made faster. No measuring out lots of spices and waiting for the chicken to marinate for this recipe! Instead, curry powder (a prepared mix of spices) is used and the flavor is so rich no marinating is necessary.
- 1 tablespoon curry
½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt, or other full-fat yogurt (see Tips and Tricks below)
- 1½ pounds thinly sliced chicken breast cutlets
- Heat broiler.
- In small skillet over medium heat cook curry, stirring constantly, about 1 minute or until fragrant and toasted.
- Stir yogurt into toasted curry until combined.
- Put cutlets on jelly roll pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken cutlets.
Careful not to cut through the cutlet, with a small knife make parallel slashes diagonally across cutlets about
½-inch apart from one another.
- Spread yogurt mixture over cutlets.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source about 7 minutes or until just cooked through.
- The chicken can be marinated in the yogurt mixture up to 12 hours before cooking.
Tips & Tricks
Servings per Recipe:
About 7 minutes
About 10 minutes