Stained Glass Cookies
Photography by Lucy Schaeffer
Average User Rating:
This recipe is rated Average to do
Make your own tasty stained glass this Christmas! These Stained Glass Cookies are tasty to eat, and they double as beautiful Christmas ornaments.
- Refrigerated cookie dough (use your own favorite recipe or store-bought brand)
- Fruit-flavored hard candies (e.g., Life Savers)
- Plastic sandwich bags (one for each color) and a rolling pin
- Non-stick spray
- Parchment paper
- Pinch off small pieces of dough and roll into strips about 1/4" thick. Use to make outlines on a foil-covered cookie sheet. Pinch ends together well. Start with simple shapes and then try more complex ones.
- Sort the hard candies into plastic bags by color. Crush them with a rolling pin. Use to fill openings in the cookies.
- If you want to hang the cookies on your Christmas tree, thicken dough at the top and punch a hole with a straw before baking.
- Lightly coat parchment paper with non-stick spray. Place paper on cookie sheet, arrange the cookies, and bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool cookies completely, then peel off foil.