Sports Ball Cake
Photography by Lucy Schaeffer
Average User Rating:
This recipe is rated Average to do
Cheer on your little ones as they frost and decorate this sports ball cake for their favorite sport using licorice whips and fruit rolls for stitching seams and creating patterns. Perfect for birthday parties and team celebrations.
- You will need one cake mix per ball.
- Round ball cake pan
- Food coloring (if making basketball)
- Licorice whips or fruit rolls or fruit leather
- If making the baseball or soccer ball, frost with white frosting and place on serving plate.
- If making the basketball, tint frosting to the shade of a basketball. Frost and place on serving plate.
- Take long red licorice whips to wrap around the ball.
- Cut small red licorice whips to create the "stitching" and place on the ball.
- Unroll dark colored fruit rolls. Cut into pentagon shapes.
- Place fruit roll pieces on the soccer ball.
- Take long black licorice, grape, or chocolate flavored licorice whips to wrap around the basketball.
Parental supervision is recommended.