Spinach Lasagna Rollups
Originally submitted by Michele O'Sullivan and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
These pretty pasta rolls are elegant enough for entertaining but easy enough for an everyday meal. For variety, use your favorite tomato or alfredo pasta sauce or substitute one pound of cooked Italian sausage for the spinach.
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet saute in butter the red bell pepper, mushrooms and onion until tender. In a bowl combine the sauteed vegetable mixture, cottage cheese, spinach, eggs, 4 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and pepper; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat tomato sauce, marjoram, sugar and garlic powder for 5 minutes.
- Spread 1/3 cup filling on each noodle. Roll up and place in greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour tomato sauce mixture over lasagna rolls. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Servings per Recipe: 8
- calories: 404cal
- total fat: 11.1g
- cholesterol: 78mg
- sodium: 1078mg
- carbohydrates: 55.9g
- fiber: 6.1g
- protein: 23.8g
Cooking Time: 40 min.
Ready In: 1 hour 5 min.