Original kaboose.com recipe, developed by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
Once they've tried these scrumptious spider snacking cakes, your kids will be bugging you to bake up another batch. Boys and girls love decorating these cupcakes with candy-coated faces and licorice-whip legs that look as if they might just crawl away.
- Bakery or homemade cupcakes
- Candies to make face (M&M's, red hots, or gumdrops)
- Black licorice whips for legs
Decorate the top of your cupcakes with candies to make a face.
- Then for the spiders legs insert long strands of smooth black licorice into the base of the cupcake.
Tips & Tricks
• Use gummy worms for the legs. Frost the cakes then put the worms on the top of the frosting then added another glob of frosting in the center for the worms to attach better to the cupcakes.
• Color the frosting different colors - orange, fudge and white frosting.