Spicy Shrimp Skewers
Average User Rating:
One of the best reader-submitted recipes from the Kaboose Barbeque Recipes Contest; Spicy Shrimp Skewers. An easy-to-make meal, taste-tested by kids. Plus, ideas for using leftovers.
- 36 large shrimp (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup frozen concentrated orange juice, thawed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Salt to taste
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Rinse under cold running water and drain in a colander. Soak 6 bamboo skewers in cold water for one hour.
- For marinade, whisk together the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade.
- Place the shrimp in a large sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over it. Seal the bag and shake well to evenly coat the shrimp. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour.
- When ready to serve, preheat the grill to hot. Lightly oil the grate.
- Thread six shrimp on each skewer. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side while basting with the reserved marinade. Remove from the grill and serve immediately.