Spanish Chicken and Rice Bake
Originally submitted by Candice and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
This simple saute of saucy Spanish rice and tender chicken, topped with black olives and zesty cheese, makes for a tantalizing trip for your taste buds.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 (6.8 ounce) packages Spanish-style rice mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and brown cubed chicken; add green onion and saute for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Spread prepared rice in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Add chicken mixture and blend together; flatten with spatula, then sprinkle with olives and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Servings per Recipe: 8
- calories: 353cal
- total fat: 13.8g
- cholesterol: 49mg
- sodium: 1540mg
- carbohydrates: 38g
- fiber: 3.2g
- protein: 20.1g
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Ready In: 50 min.
Try it With:
Orange Glazed Carrots