Spaghetti and Three-Way Meatballs
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography
Average User Rating:
Homemade meatballs are a treat! These almost melt in your mouth and explode with perfectly melded flavors. Don't be put off by a long list of ingredients – there's really very little hands-on time to make these. If you have leftovers, use them in Smashed Meatball Sandwich (see tip, below).
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup grated)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 4 ounces ground pork
- 16 ounces dried spaghetti
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor fitted with steel blade pulse mushrooms and garlic to finely chop. In a large non-stick skillet on medium high heat heat oil until shimmers. Add mushrooms, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Cook about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- In a food processor fitted with steel blade pulse bread and cheese until fine.
- In large bowl combine mushroom mixture, bread crumb mixture, milk, eggs, parsley, beef, turkey and pork to combine.
- Cover two sided cookie sheets with foil and spray with olive oil. Make balls with a little less than 1/4 cup of the mixture and divide them between the prepared cookie sheets. Bake about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions and toss with tomato sauce. Top spaghetti with meatballs.
Tips & Tricks
If you made this dish and have 3 meatballs leftover treat someone to a Smashed Meatball Sandwich for lunch. The flavors work perfectly together.