Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Vanessa Bush
Average User Rating:
Put a Tex-Mex spin on the traditional appetizer pizza recipe with salsa instead of sauce, and Mexican cheeses and chorizo sausage instead of pepperoni. This sausage and cheese party food is sure to spice up your holiday gatherings!
- 1 ready-made thin-style pizza crust
- Olive oil, for basting
- 3/4 cup black bean salsa or other spicy salsa mix
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 2 tablespoons canned kernel corn
- 3 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced thin
A few sprigs fresh cilantro, stems removed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat pizza crust with olive oil using a basting brush.
- Spread salsa on top of pizza crust evenly. Top with shredded cheese, corn and chorizo slices.
Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and garnish with chopped cilantro. Cut into 12 slices with pizza cutter and serve immediately.