Soccer Ball Cake
Originally submitted by Tracy and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
You'll win over the home-team fans with this super soccer ball cake. Made with licorice whips and a dash of creative genius, this cake scores big points for birthday parties or team celebrations.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Black food coloring
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 12 black licorice whips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 2-1/2- to 3-quart ovenproof bowl; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared bowl and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cake cool for 15 minutes in the bowl then invert and let cake cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place sugar in a bowl and stir in black food color until desired color is achieved. Set aside.
- Once cake is completely cool trim flat side of cake and place on a cake board. Trim edges into a ball shape. Frost with the vanilla frosting. Next using a toothpick draw a pentagon in the center top of the cake. Surround the pentagon with five hexagons. Repeating to cover entire cake. Cover lines with black licorice cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Fill the pentagon shapes with black sugar.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 852cal
- total fat: 22.5g
- cholesterol: 2mg
- sodium: 664mg
- carbohydrates: 160.6g
- fiber: 1g
- protein: 4.4g
Cooking Time: 0
Ready In: 0