Original Kaboose.com recipe by Sharon Mehl
Photography by Lucy Schaeffer
Average User Rating:
Crunchy pecans, vanilla, and powdered sugar become delicious decorative Christmas treats for kids and adults to enjoy. Serve up these festive white Snowball Cookies for your next winter fete.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter in large bowl. Add sugar, cream until light. Stir in vanilla. Mix in flour and salt. Stir in nuts.
- Shape into balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Dust powdered sugar on snowball cookies as soon as they come out of oven. After the cookies cool, dust them with powdered sugar again. (Roll the cookies in powdered sugar each time if you want a more wet look.)