Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Linette Gerlach
Average User Rating:
This is an easy cupcake version of everyone's favorite campfire treat. Tell a few ghost stories at your next sleepover while you serve up these fun treats and everyone will feel like they're sitting around the campfire.
- Basic Yellow Cake recipe
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
Marshmallow Cream Icing
- 16 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the Basic Yellow Cake batter. Scoop the batter by tablespoonfuls into a cupcake pan lined with cupcake wrappers. The recipe should make about 24 to 30 cupcakes.
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set cupcakes aside to cool.
- To make the chocolate ganache filling, in a saucepan, heat the butter and cream in a saucepan on the stove until the mixture just starts to boil, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate until it melts and combines into a rich chocolate brown. Cool to room temperature.
- To make the marshmallow cream icing, in a mixing bowl mix the marshmallow fluff and the butter until combined. Add the confectioner sugar, one cup at a time, until the mixture is smooth.
- Use a teaspoon to remove a small section from the center of each cooled cupcake. Fill each depression with a teaspoon of the ganache chocolate filling, spread some of the chocolate over the rest of the top of the cupcake.
- Add a dollop of the marshmallow cream icing on top of the chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.
Baking Time: 20 minutes
More recipes based on the Basic Yellow Cake recipe: