Smashed Meatball Sandwich
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography
Average User Rating:
This sub is easy, hearty, homey and delicious. Who could ask for anything more? Oh yes, it’s fast too! If you have leftovers from Spaghetti and Three-Way Meatballs, use them in this recipe (see tip, below).
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 small Italian roll, sliced horizontally
- 3 fully cooked frozen meatballs
- 3 tablespoons prepared spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated mozzarella or 1 slice mozzarella
- In small skillet over medium heat melt butter with garlic about 2 minutes, until garlic is fragrant. Brush cut sides of rolls with garlic butter. Toast rolls over medium heat butter-side down in cast iron skillet or on griddle, about 1 minute or until browned.
- Warm meatballs according to package directions. Spread 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce on the bottom half of the Italian roll. Smash the meatballs and place on the roll. Top with remaining tablespoon of sauce, cheese and top of roll.
Tips & Tricks
If you made Spaghetti and Meatballs and have 3 meatballs leftover, use them for this recipe. The flavors work together perfectly.