Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Originally submitted by Janeen Barlow and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Slow simmered to perfection, this nourishing taco soup combines seasoned ground beef, chili and kidney beans, tomato, onion and chili peppers for a Mexican fiesta in a bowl. Serve with tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef and onion until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
- Place the ground beef mixture, water, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend. Cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
Servings per Recipe: 8
- calories: 363cal
- total fat: 16.3g
- cholesterol: 48mg
- sodium: 1395mg
- carbohydrates: 38.2g
- fiber: 8.7g
- protein: 18.1g
8 hours 10 min.
Try it With: