Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Soup
Originally submitted by Shirley and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
This comforting soup blends all the favorite flavors that usually mingle with potatoes. Savory bacon, dill, onion and potatoes meld together in this simmer for several hours, but it's well worth the effort.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 (10-1/2 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 5 large potatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Place bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until bacon is evenly brown and onions are soft. Drain off excess grease.
- Transfer the bacon and onion to a slow cooker, and stir in chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, dill weed, and white pepper. Cover and cook on Low 6 to 7 hours, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half-and-half and flour. Stir into the soup along with the evaporated milk. Cover and cook another 30 minutes before serving.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 553cal
- total fat: 19.2g
- cholesterol: 55mg
- sodium: 1082mg
- carbohydrates: 74.9g
- fiber: 8.1g
- protein: 20.9g
6 hours 30 min.