Sicilian Escarole Salad with Citrus Dressing
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Christina Stanley-Salerno
Average User Rating:
Complement your dinner with this Sicilian escarole salad with citrus dressing. Crisp escarole blends with oranges, black olives and red onions in a tangy and simple vinagrette for a cool treat.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 heads of escarole, washed very well and roughly chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- Juice of one large orange
- 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cured black olives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the juice from 1 orange, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk while you slowly drizzle in the olive oil until your dressing gets slightly thicker.
- Add the escarole, onions and olives and toss to coat. Top with orange segments and serve.
Mustard Crusted Lamb
Honey and Orange Glazed Ham
Free Easter Printables