Sesame-Wasabi Chicken Salad in Mini Pitas
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Vanessa Bush
Average User Rating:
These kicky little appetizers are great finger food for your next party.
- 1 (3-pound) rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons wasabi sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh, thinly sliced chives
- 3 scallions (white part only), sliced crosswise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 12 mini pita rounds, cut into half-moons
- Remove skin from chicken, then shred meat and chop into small pieces.
- Combine mayonnaise, wasabi and sesame oil in a small bowl; stir into chopped chicken in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add cilantro, chives and scallions and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Dry-roast sesame seeds in heavy skillet on medium-low heat for about 2 minutes; set aside.
- Stuff pita halves with chicken salad; sprinkle with black sesame seeds as garnish.
Tips & Tricks
If the chicken mixture is too dry for your taste, add a dollop or two more of mayonnaise.