Savory Turkey Stuffing
Originally submitted by Meghann and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
This savory stuffing of sage, celery and onion is perfect for poultry and makes a splendid Thanksgiving side dish. For sweet or smoky flavor, add a pound of raisins or sausage to the mix.
- 1-1/2 (1 pound) loaves white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch celery, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package sage seasoning mixture
- Allow the bread to become stale overnight. Break stale bread into pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Slowly cook and stir the celery and onions until the onions are soft. Transfer to the bowl with bread and mix by hand until well blended.
- Sprinkle the mixture with sage seasoning and use to stuff the bird.
Servings per Recipe: 12
- calories: 192cal
- total fat: 4.3g
- cholesterol: 6mg
- sodium: 365mg
- carbohydrates: 32.8g
- fiber: 3.3g
- protein: 5.5g
Ready In: 15 min.