Rotisserie Chicken Tacos
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Christina Stanley-Salerno
Average User Rating:
Tacos are the perfect weeknight meal because they are simple and delicious. On the days when it's just too hot to cook, pick up a store-bought rotisserie chicken and dinner will be on the table in less than 10 minutes. Ole!
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups store bought rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime (optional)
- Place corn tortillas onto a flat surface. Divide shredded chicken amongst the tortillas and evenly distribute cheese, avocado and tomato.
- Drizzle sour cream over each taco and garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks
To soften tortillas before using, spray tortillas with cooking spray and cook in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 30 seconds on each side. You can also place tortillas directly on the grates of your gas range. Cook for about 15 seconds on each side. Use tongs to flip them over and to prevent yourself from getting burned.
4 (2 tacos per person)