Roasted Potatoes and Bacon
Original kaboose.com recipe, developed by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
Roasted potatoes with bacon and onions is a great side potato recipe for St. Patrick's Day, or any day.
- 6 slices bacon
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 4 onions, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cook bacon on sided cookie sheet, turning once, 15 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from sheet pan and reserve.
- Add potatoes to cookie sheet and toss to coat with bacon fat. Cook 15 minutes, add onions and toss to combine.
- Cook, turning potatoes once, an additional 45 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and onions are tender. Remove to serving dish and crumble reserved bacon on top.
Servings per Recipe:
1 medium potato with onions and bacon
1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 20 minutes
Try it With:
Marinated Roast Chicken