Original kaboose.com recipe, developed by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
Leeks are a member of the onion family - but a mild, sweet cousin. These roasted leeks are an easy side dish. They are so tasty that you will make them an everyday standard.
- 10 leeks, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. In a 13 X 9-inch baking pan add leeks, fennel, broth and wine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dot with butter. Cover with foil and cook 20 minutes. Remove foil, stir and cook an additional 20 minutes, or until almost all the liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
Leeks and fennel can be cleaned and cut and stored in refrigerator up to three days
Servings per Recipe: 8
1 hour 10 minues