Roasted Cabbage and Apples
Original kaboose.com recipe, developed by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
Roasting cabbage gives it additional flavor (and won't stink up the house.) The addition of apples lends a sweetness that blends beautifully with the cabbage. Try it for a side with corned beef.
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and cut into eight wedges
- 3 Gala apples, cored and cut into 16 wedges each
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Separate cabbage leaves and spread evenly on sided sheet pan. Cover tightly with foil.Cook 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove foil and add apple slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently mixing occationally, cook about 30 minutes more, or until some of the cabbage has begun to brown and the apples are tender.
- Red cabbage may be used instead of the green.
- Any other apple may be used, but they may not hold their shape as well as Galas and will have various cooking times.
Servings per Recipe:
About 1 cup
About 50 minutes
About 1 hour and 5 minutes
Try it With:
Honey Pecan Pork