Pork and Potato Stuffing
Originally submitted by Bonnie Jean and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
This savory sausage and potato stuffing, made with creamy mashed potatoes, ground pork, sweet pepper and onion, are a jolly match for holiday turkey. For a leaner version, substitute turkey sausage for the pork.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 pound) loaf dry white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash with milk.
- Meanwhile, place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in green pepper and onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Fold cubed bread into potatoes, then gently fold in sausage mixture. Transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until heated through.
Servings per Recipe: 8
- calories: 614cal
- total fat: 25.2g
- cholesterol: 39mg
- sodium: 701mg
- carbohydrates: 81g
- fiber: 6.3g
- protein: 16.1g
Cooking Time: 45 min.
1 hour and 15 min.