Poached Ginger Chicken Breast
Original Kaboose.com recipe by Chef Eddie Blyden
Average User Rating:
In less than an hour, your family can enjoy a meal fit for the finest restaurant. Gourmet mushrooms, leeks, chicken and pasta come together to create a delightful one dish meal.
To see all the chef-inspired recipes, check out our Shortcuts from a Chef: 18 Easy Recipes gallery!
- 2 quarts water
- 6 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1-1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 cups leeks, cleaned and cut into half-inch pieces
- 2 ounces soy sauce
- Basil, one bunch, sliced
- Bring water to a boil in lightly salted water. Cook pasta for 10 to 12 minutes, stir occasionally. When done, remove and drain pasta. Set pasta aside.
- In a 5.5-quart saucepan bring chicken stock to a boil with ginger, savory, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken, mushrooms, leeks and soy sauce and simmer, covered, 10 minutes, or until just cooked through and leeks are tender.
- Add cooked pasta and basil into the chicken mixture, simmer 3 minutes. Serve immediately.