Pizza Stuffed Pockets
by Stella Zedman
Average User Rating:
Get a handle on kids' lunches with this yummy bundle of pepperoni, tomato sauce and melted mozzarella stuffed into a warm pita. Try different toppings, like pineapple, olives, sundried tomato and diced ham, and assorted cheeses.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) spaghetti sauce
- 1 6-inch (15-cm) pocket-type pita bread
- In a small bowl, stir together pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and spaghetti sauce. (You can, if you want, include chopped mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives or whatever ingredients you choose instead of all or part of the pepperoni in the recipe. Just try to keep the total amount of ingredients about the same.)
- With a sharp knife, cut a slit around one side of the pita pocket wide enough to spoon in the filling. Spread apart the sides of the pocket and stuff with the cheese mixture. Press closed and wrap in a layer of foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the filling is hot. Unwrap and eat while still gooey and warm or pack in a lunch bag to eat at room temperature.
How kids can help
Stir together filling mixture.
Stuff split pitas and wrap in foil.
More Kid-Friendly Recipes:
Related Recipes & Features:
Side Dish Ideas
Football Party Recipes