Pizza Cookie Cake
Average User Rating:
The best part of this pizza cookie cake is the yummy cookie dough crust. Kids can help grownups garnish their pies with red and yellow frosting to look like sauce and cheese. For a treat, slice with a pizza cutter and serve.
- Refrigerated Cookie Dough (or your favorite recipe, prepared)
- Baking stone (or Pizza Pan lined with parchment paper)
- Rolling pin
- Lemon frosting (or white frosting and yellow food coloring)
- Pink frosting
- Red food coloring
- 1 or 2 Mixing bowls (depending on whether you have to mix yellow frosting)
- Use of an oven
- Hot pad holders
- Pizza cutter
- Roll your cookie dough on the baking stone. NOTE: Be sure to leave at least 1" on all sides so the cookie doesn't grow off the baking stone! (Yes, I'm speaking from experience!)
- Bake your cookie as designated on the package or in recipe directions. It may take longer to get done inside. Don't let it burn. Be sure to use hot pad holders to remove from the oven.
- Let the cookie cool completely.
- Put the pink frosting in a mixing bowl.
- Mix up the "red pepperoni and sauce" frosting using the pink frosting and adding red food coloring until desired color is reached.
- If you don't purchase lemon frosting, then use the second mixing bowl and mix up the "cheese" for the top of the "pizza".
- Ice the cookie first with "sauce" (red), then with "cheese" (yellow), then add "pepperoni" (red) on top.
- Slice with pizza cutter as you would a pizza and serve!
If you use a pizza pan that has holes in it, line your pan with parchment paper. If you do not line it, when you press the dough down it will seep into the holes and make it hard to remove after baking and slicing.
We use a Pampered Chef Baking Stone as the cookie removes very easily!