Pizza Chicken Rollups
Originally submitted by Brenda Espinoza and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Pepperoni pizza, please, and hold the crust. This all-around family pleaser rolls out all the flavors of your favorite pizza in a convenient chicken parcel.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 20 slices pepperoni sausage
- 8 ounces pepperoni sausage, chopped
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pound chicken breasts flat with a meat mallet. Season to taste with garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian style seasoning.
- Place 4 to 5 slices pepperoni on each breast and top each with a slice of cheese. Roll up breasts and fasten with toothpicks.
- Fry the pepperoni in a medium skillet until it has released most of its oil. Remove pepperoni from skillet and set aside. Brown chicken rolls in pepperoni oil about 5 to 10 minutes each side. Place chicken in a baking dish. Combine spaghetti sauce and sliced pepperoni and pour over chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Servings per Recipe: 4
- calories: 643cal
- total fat: 40.4g
- cholesterol: 136mg
- sodium: 2343mg
- carbohydrates: 19.2g
- fiber: 3.3g
- protein: 48g
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Ready In: 45 min.