Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Bears
Average User Rating:
Preschoolers will love these delicious cub-shaped cookies, made with nutty butter and crispy graham crackers. You and the kids can even create these cookies together!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers (7 cracker squares)
- Miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- Frosting (optional)
- Beat peanut butter, margarine or butter, and shortening in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda; beat till combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in as much of the flour and cracker crumbs as you can with the mixer on medium speed, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in any remaining flour and crumbs with a wooden spoon.
- For each bear cookie, shape some of the dough into on 1-1/4 inch ball (for body), one 3/4 inch ball (for head), three balls slightly smaller than 1/4 inch (for nose and ears), two 1-1/2 x 1/2 inch logs (for arms), and two 1-1/4 x 3/4 inch logs (for legs).
- Decorate bears before baking by pressing in chocolate pieces for eyes and paws.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 15 to 18 minutes or till edges are lightly browned.