Peach BBQ Chicken
By Jennifer Low
Average User Rating:
Use skinless boneless chicken in this delicious recipe for Peach BBQ Chicken --it’s not only lower in fat, but the tasty marinade easily flavors the skinless meat. Use assorted pieces -- breasts, thighs and drumsticks -- so everyone gets their pick!
- juice of 2 limes (cut in half and squeeze)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) dried thyme or 2 tsp. (10 mL) fresh
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) black pepper
- 2-1/2 lb (1.25 kg) skinless, boneless (except bone-in skinless drumsticks) chicken pieces
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) peach jam (or apricot)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) balsamic vinegar
- To make marinade, mix the first seven ingredients (lime juice to black pepper, inclusive) in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a non-metal baking dish just large enough to hold pieces in a single layer.
- Pour marinade over and turn chicken to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and chill several hours or overnight, if you have time.
- Just before cooking, make glaze by mixing peach (or apricot) jam with balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Cook chicken on hot barbecue until done and juices run clear. Remember breasts cook faster than thighs and drumsticks.
- Near end of grilling time, brush chicken pieces generously with glaze.
- Close BBQ lid for 30 seconds to warm glaze. Serve immediately.
Leftover grilled chicken can be chilled up to two days. Chop and add to salad greens for a light lunch.