Originally submitted by Leah Perez and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Sweeten your celebration with a batch of these decadent chocolate brownies that substitute matzo meal for traditional flour. They're sure to add a festive touch to your Passover table.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, blend eggs, sugar, and butter. Mix in matzo meal, cocoa powder and walnuts (if desired). Transfer batter to prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend chocolate, butter or margarine and water. Spread over cooled brownies.
Servings per Recipe: 16
- calories: 326cal
- total fat: 21.3g
- cholesterol: 86mg
- sodium: 142mg
- carbohydrates: 34.6g
- fiber: 2.7g
- protein: 4.5g
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Ready In: 40 min.