Original kaboose.com recipe, developed by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
An orzo pasta dish that's as wonderful served hot as it is at room temperature. Bright, spring flavors of baby spinach, feta cheese, and lemon make this salad light and sprightly.
Try it once and it'll become a family favorite.
- 1 9-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 1-pound box orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, about 4 ounces
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place spinach in large colander.In a large pot bring salted water to a boil. Cook orzo according to manufacturer's directions. Drain orzo and water through colander with spinach in it.
- Over medium high heat heat oil until shimmers. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute, stirring, until fragrant.
- Turn off heat. Add orzo mixture back into cooking pot. Stir in feta, lemon peel, salt and pepper to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Servings per Recipe:
About 5 minutes
About 15 minutes
About 20 minutes