Oatmeal Lace Cookies
Original kaboose.com recipe, developed by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
These sweet and light Oatmeal Lace Cookies are the perfect ending to a hearty St. Patrick's Day dinner - or any dinner.For a special treat, serve them with the whipped cream dipping sauce.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups roalled oats (oatmeal)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Whipped Cream Dipping Sauce
¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar to combine. Add vanilla, beating to combine.
- Add oatmeal and salt, mixing to combine.
- Drop cookies by level teaspoon on baking sheet, 3-inches apart. Bake 8 minutes or until lacy and flat. Let cool on rack about 3 minutes until just firm. Move to rack to cool completely.
- Whipped Cream Dipping Sauce: Whisk heavy cream, sour cream and sugar together until light and holds a soft peak.
Dough can be tightly wrapped and stored in the freezer up to 6 months.
Servings per Recipe:
2 cookies with a rounded teaspoon of whipped cream dipping sauce each
About 25 minutes
8 minutes per batch
1 hour 10 minutes
Baking Time: 8 minutes per batch