Mulled Wine for Kids
by Maria Georgiou
Average User Rating:
Celebrate Christmas this year with a traditional winter drink made kid-friendly. Kids will love the grownup taste of this spiced, non-alcoholic Mulled Wine as will the adults.
- 2 liters non-alcoholic grape juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 dozen whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- The peel of 1 orange and 1 lemon
- 1 crushed nutmeg seed
- 2-1/2 cups of hot lemon/lime juice
- Heat the water and add the sugar, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and peel.
- Boil for 5 minutes and leave to simmer for 5 more.
- Strain this syrup into a large pot and add the citrus juice, heat until it is gently bubbling.
- Add the 2 litres of grape juice and keep the mixture on a low heat, serve with a slice of lemon.