Molten White Chocolate Cupcakes
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Vanessa Bush
Average User Rating:
You don't have to dine at an upscale restaurant to enjoy molten chocolate cake. Here's a recipe that replicates the dessert favorite, right down to the gooey center.
- 1 cup 60% cacoa baking chocolate chips
- 14 tablespoons butter
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups powdered (confectioner’s) sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for garnishing
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground espresso coffee
1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tins with baking cups. Stir 60% cacoa chips and 10 tablespoons butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until melted. Cool slightly and set aside.
- Stir white chocolate chips and remaining butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until melted. Drain off extra butter fat; cool and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolk in large bowl to blend. Add sugar, then chocolate mixture and flour. Add vanilla and ground espresso. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Pour mixture into baking cups half-way. Drop 1/2 tablespoon white chocolate into center of mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven and invert over small dessert plate.
- Dust with confectioner’s powder and serve immediately.
Skip the white chocolate center and substitute a raspberry filling instead.