Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
Originally submitted by italianclassicscookie and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Generous scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream are sandwiched between homemade chocolate cookies, warm from the oven, for this melt-in-your-mouth dessert that kids adore.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 quart mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions, omitting the eggs. Drop by large spoonfuls onto cookie sheet, mixture should be about the consistency of brownie batter.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cookies spring back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely.
- To assemble, put a scoop of softened ice cream in the center of a cookie. Top with a similarly-sized cookie, wrap in plastic wrap, and gently press down to flatten out ice cream scoop. Freeze until serving.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 753cal
- total fat: 38.6g
- cholesterol: 139mg
- sodium: 850mg
- carbohydrates: 97.3g
- fiber: 2.7g
- protein: 10.4g
Cooking Time: 15 min.