Milk Cracker Stuffing
Originally submitted by Kimberly King and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Say goodbye to bread stuffing. This savory milk cracker stuffing, seasoned with sausage, celery, onion and poultry seasoning, is a wonderful twist on an old-fashioned side dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package milk crackers
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups hot milk
- In a food processor, grind the milk crackers into crumbs. Place in a large bowl.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving liquid, and mix into the bowl with cracker crumbs.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, slowly cook and stir the onion and celery in 3 tablespoons of the reserved sausage liquid until soft.
- Mix the onion and celery into the cracker crumb and sausage mixture. Mix in the poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, eggs and milk. Chill in the refrigerator approximately 1 hour before stuffing the turkey.
Servings per Recipe: 10
- calories: 258cal
- total fat: 21.3g
- cholesterol: 100mg
- sodium: 377mg
- carbohydrates: 6.3g
- fiber: 0.6g
- protein: 10g
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Ready In: 30 min.