Mexican Nacho Popcorn
by Stella Zedman
Average User Rating:
Spice up your popcorn bowl with a fiesta of flavors. Chili powder, grated Parmesan, garlic powder and cayenne transform plain old popcorn into a treat for your taste buds.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) Mexican chili powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) cayenne pepper (optional)
- 8 cups (8 litres) plain popped popcorn (see note below)
- In a small bowl, stir together the Parmesan cheese, chilli powder, salt, garlic powder and cayenne (if using). Set aside.
- Prepare the popcorn either in a pot on the stove top or in a hot air popper. As soon as the popcorn is done, dump it into a large bowl and sprinkle on the seasoning mixture, tossing to coat everything evenly.
- Serve immediately.
This should be made with popcorn prepared either in a pan on the stove top or in a hot air popper. Don't add any additional flavoring or butter.
How kids can help
Mix together seasoning mixture and toss with popcorn.