Originally submitted by CJ and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
The south-of-the-border flavors of fresh cilantro, cumin and lime make a zesty marinade for these grilled chicken and veggie skewers. Pair them with Mexican-inspired sides like beans, rice, salsa and sour cream.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 onion, cut into wedges and separated
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- In a shallow dish, mix together olive oil, cumin, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken, and mix well. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Thread chicken, zucchini, onion, red bell pepper, and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Brush grill with oil, and arrange skewers on hot grate. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, turning to cook evenly.
Servings per Recipe: 4
- calories: 163cal
- total fat: 7.9g
- cholesterol: 34mg
- sodium: 46mg
- carbohydrates: 9.2g
- fiber: 2.5g
- protein: 15.2g
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Ready In: 1 hour and 40 min.