Mexican Egg Rolls
Originally submitted by StephanieJo and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Easy and delicious, these Mexican-flavored egg rolls are just brimming with beef, chilis and cheese. These deep-fried delights can be served as appetizers with garden fresh salsa or as a casual supper served over a bed of fiesta rice.
- 1 (14 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
- 4 cups oil for frying, or as needed
- Crumble ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until evenly browned, and drain off grease. Add taco seasoning, and cook according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet, or preheat a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Lay out one egg roll wrapper at a time, and place a little more than a tablespoon of the ground beef in the center. Top with a small spoonful of green chilies, and a little bit of shredded cheese. Roll up according to package instructions, and seal edges, wetting with water if necessary. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Fry the rolls in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oil to drain on paper towels. Serve hot and fresh.
Servings per Recipe: 14
- calories: 285cal
- total fat: 17.2g
- cholesterol: 42mg
- sodium: 580mg
- carbohydrates: 19g
- fiber: 0.6g
- protein: 13.1g
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Ready In: 30 min.