Maple Pecan Pie
by Stella Zedman
Average User Rating:
Pecan pie is a decadent dessert on its own, but this buttery sweet dish - maple pecan pie, is made even richer drizzled with fragrant vanilla and sticky maple syrup for a tasty twist on this traditional Thanksgiving pie.
Looking for more Thanksgiving or Fall recipe ideas? Do visit our complete listings of Fall comfort recipes that your family will just love!
- 1 cup (250 mL) maple syrup
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) melted butter
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 9-inch (23-cm) purchased or homemade pie shell, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, beat together maple syrup, sugar, eggs, melted butter and vanilla with an electric mixer until slightly thickened, about 2 or 3 minutes. Stir in chopped pecans and pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife poked into the center of the filling comes out clean.
- Let cool completely or serve slightly warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
How kids can help
Mix together the ingredients for the filling and pour into the pie shell.