Macaroni Au Gratin
Originally submitted by Karen and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Creamy, comforting mac and cheese is made particularly homey in this baked casserole that layers lots of Cheddar cheese flavor into the mix. What could be easier?
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, sliced
- paprika to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Transfer to prepared casserole dish and lay cheese slices over macaroni. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add milk and flour, stirring until it thickens. Stir in salt and pepper and pour over macaroni and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Servings per Recipe: 4
- calories: 552cal
- total fat: 27.9g
- cholesterol: 85mg
- sodium: 1055mg
- carbohydrates: 49.3g
- fiber: 1.9g
- protein: 25.3g
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Ready In: 40 min.
Try it With:
Ground Peanut Stew
Related Recipes & Features:
Quick & Easy Lunchtime Pasta Ideas