Linguine with Broccoli and Red Pepper
Originally submitted by Chris Catley and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Colorful, crunchy bites of broccoli and red bell pepper, sauteed in olive oil and garlic, provide a cheery contrast to fresh linguine for nutritious lunch or dinner fare.
- 1 pound linguini pasta
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Steam broccoli with 2 tablespoons water in microwave for 6-7 minutes.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil and butter over low heat. Stir in garlic (more or less to suit your tastes) and red pepper slices; saute gently.
- Drain broccoli and add to skillet. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt and saute broccoli and peppers until soft.
- Toss vegetable mixture with hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 399cal
- total fat: 12.2g
- cholesterol: 8mg
- sodium: 177mg
- carbohydrates: 61g
- fiber: 5.3g
- protein: 14.3g
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Ready In: 20 min.
Try it With: