Lemon and Orange Jelly Bean Cookies
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Christina Stanley-Salerno
Average User Rating:
Kids of all ages -- and more than a few adults -- will enjoy these Easter jelly bean-and-citrus sugar cookies. There's no need to roll or chill the dough with this drop cookie recipe, so it gets into the oven fast.
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup jelly beans (depending on how many you want to put on each cookie)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes. Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the lemon juice, orange juice and zests. Beat to combine. Gently stir in dry ingredients. Mix only until flour is incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie onto prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Press 3 jellybeans into the center of each cookie and bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies just start to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes and then remove gently with a thin metal spatula.
Lemon Easter Basket Cake
Easter Egg Cupcakes
Italian Easter Cookies
Egg Decorating Ideas